Monday, May 23, 2011

Addy @ Three Months

Addy Kay, you are three months old!

You are wearing green edge infant prefolds. Small covers, sometimes mediums if I have not washed! Mainly 3-6 month clothes. You were a size 2 shoe. You are rolling from belly to back and back to belly with no problem, you can also get up on your knees for a short time. I believe you weigh about 14 pounds, that's an estimate from our bathroom scales. Your legs have definitely filled out!
Your hair is beginning to thin and so is Momma's! You are sleeping in YOUR own crib...ALL NIGHT LONG! Wow, didn't even know that was possible! I have a lot of theories on why you can do this but none of your other siblings did. 1)Maybe you are bigger and can go longer without eating. 2)You weren't held 24-7 (it breaks my heart thinking about it) because of your NICU stay so you learned to self-soothe. 3) I didn't stress about you sleeping through the night and didn't try to put you in your own crib. No matter what the reason, it has been such a blessing. Even when you slept in our bed, I slept pretty well, or so I thought. The first night you slept in the crib, I woke up at 5:30 and felt WONDERFUL, after only 4 hours of sleep. So obviously I wasn't sleeping as sound as I thought. Your sister is sleeping in her toddler bed, and after 5 years of always having a baby in our bed, we realized we really don't NEED a king size bed!
I think you look like Austen's baby pictures, although I see a lot of Aiden and Ava in certain expressions.
You have made your first trip to the zoo. You celebrated your first Easter. You have attended three birthday parties, your sister's, Madisyn's and Bailee's. You helped me celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mommy to four. You attended Emily's high school graduation, which was an experience in itself (tornado and all)! You continue to be a blessing to our family, we cannot imagine our lives without you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment